December 18, 2008

Track(s) of the Week: Honorable Mentions

Five tracks from my Best of '08 Honorable Mentions:

Cat Power - Song to Bobby: The one original tune (not counting Chan's cover of her own song) on Jukebox. Also, an unapologetic love letter to Bob Dylan.

Ratatat - Mi Viejo: These boys have some great remixes out there.

Juana Molina - Dar (Qué Dificil): Juana Molina is incapable of making songs that aren't completely infectious. Listen to this and don't like it. I dare you to even try.

Tobacco - Hairy Candy: All analog. From a limited vinyl release. And (perhaps too surprisingly) a Pittsburgh native.

Department of Eagles - Around the Bay: A solid tune from a solid album. If I'd had more time to spend with In Ear Park, it may very well have ranked higher.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

In case you don't know:
Right click
Save as

Jeremy said...

My apologies, but these tracks were removed on 2/13/08 to clear up some of my storage space.

Contact me if you'd like to have any of these tracks emailed to you.