December 12, 2008

Track of the Week: "Old Panda Days" by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone

To continue the series of tracks from bands I've recently seen live and who, after the show, slept on my couch,* this week's track comes from Casiotone for the Painfully Alone (cftpa).

After seeing cftpa in a small, artsy venue in Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, I invited Owen Ashworth - cftpa's creator and sole member - and his brother Gordon (who's band Concern also played) to crash on my couch, and, to my surprise and overly-enthusiastic delight, they took me up on it.

I first heard cftpa on the first installment of the limited David Horvitz Picture Disc Series from Aagoo Records, and I immediately fell in love.

"Old Panda Days" is the track from the picture disc series that sealed the deal on my gushing fandom. Enjoy!

Buy cftpa's recent full length Etiquette here or digitally through iTunes. Also, see the band's MySpace page for some extraordinarily awesome and rare wax, including the highly recommended Ashworth brothers' collaboration on a couple Springsteen covers printed on a square slab o' vinyl.

* Note: unless in the extremely unlikely event that another band happens to sleep on my couch between now and next Friday, this will be the last track in the "bands who've slept on my couch" series. I don't go givin' that couch out to just anyone, you know.



5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Also, before the show, I told Owen how much I love "Old Panda Days," and then he played it during his set!

mb said...

no comment - i know the whole story

Jeremy said...

yes...well...i can only reiterate your "no comment."

Ben Stein said...

Oh my goodness I have not looked at your internet in so long! You are doing such an excellent job! Also, now I will always know what you are doing because I subscribed (to/with/on/out from under) an RSS something. I don't know exactly what it means, but I know that now my internet is watching you!!!

Also, I can delicious you, another thing I don't quite understand, but love because it makes an adjective into a verb.

Jeremy said...

Track removed on 2/13/09. It will be included on CFPA's forthcoming collection of b-sides and rarities.